WEBSTER COMPANY NEWS
WBSTER COMPANY NEWS
Webster Company News
October 23, 2017
What's Going On:
* October 23rd – 27th is our Book Fair!
* Tent or Treat is Friday the 27th.
* Friday the 27th is Denim Day benefitting Olive Branch Social Services.
* Mrs. Jeannie Shannon will be subbing for me on Thursday and Friday the 26th and 27th.
* This is Red Ribbon Week – watch Mrs. Martin’s Principal Updates for details.
* Students who have an odd classroom number have AR and AM on Monday and Thursday; students with an even number have AR and AM on Tuesday and Friday. As mentioned during our conferences, students are encouraged (optional – not homework) to bring home AM practices to complete the night before their AR/AM day. They are also encouraged to read their library book and the weekly story over the weekend in order to take an AR test on those as well.
READING: This week our story is “Pardon?” Said the Giraffe; map and retell with puppets and Reader’s Theater; details and facts; predict outcomes; word families –op and –ot
VOCABULARY WORDS: ask: to say something in order to get an answer; pardon: to ask a speaker to repeat something; to forgive or excuse; giraffe: large African mammal with a long neck, legs and brown spots; nose: part of the face above the mouth used for breathing and sense of smell.
DOLCH WORDS: #81 - #90 – too, under, want, was, well, went, what, white, who, will.
PHONICS: Vowel – consonant – silent E pattern: a-c-e, o-c-e, u-c-e, i-c-e; e-c-e; contractions; spelling rules with final –ke; sight words: two, done, one, sure, don’t won’t.
SPELLING WORDS: List #6 – best, get, help, pick hi, go, ten, black, am, him, what*, you*
MATH: Continue to learn about place value; addition test on 10 facts. After the addition test on 10 facts, our tests will be mixed addition facts. After Christmas, they will be timed.
SCIENCE: Complete forces and motion.
SOCIAL STUDIES: We will learn about wants and needs and understanding the difference between them. We will also learn about India.
LANGUAGE ARTS: Declarative (telling) sentences, continued.
ART: Make a giraffe with clothes pins legs!